Explore the wonders of the brain through creativity and making...
Ever wondered what makes you, you? Join us during Brain Awareness Week to discover the amazing organ inside your head. Visit the incredible Institute of Imagination and get hands on with craft activities designed by us, and delivered by researchers and scientists. You’ll meet your brain in all it’s glory and leave with a brain goody bag, created by you!
Workshops that you can take part in on the day include:
- Try out neural beading to learn about different parts of the brain
- Explore the science of sleep by making a dream movie
- Learn about visual development and author a ‘how I grew to see the world’ book
- Join in a mover shaker activity to discover what makes your body move
- Join space person JUDE STARBEAM on the journey of a lifetime with On The Button theatre
When is Lab Life: Brain Play
Lab Life: Brain Play is on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 March. There are two sessions each day, 10:00am – 1:00pm and 2:00 – 5:00pm.
Who is Lab Life: Brain Play for and how much does it cost?
This event is ideal for children aged between 5-12 years old and their parents and carers, but younger children are also welcome. Please note, all children must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets cost £10 per person.
Who are the Institute of Imagination?
What do you get if you cross a community centre, a laboratory, a studio, a gallery, science centre and a museum? The exciting hybrid model of the Institute of Imagination is certainly one of a kind. It will be a world-class London destination with children at its heart.